If you’re planning the perfect baby shower, you’ll want a great checklist to help remind you of all of the tasks required. Print up this page and use it to run through the many jobs you’ll have as a baby shower host.
Checklist for the Perfect Baby Shower
Let’s check this timeline so you can get started right away!
2 Months in Advance
Consult with the pregnant guest of honor on:
- Date and Time
- Guest list with full names and addresses
- Theme or Motif
6 Weeks in Advance
- Get the guest of honor to fill out online baby shower registration at the store you’ve selected.
- Prepare invitations and include a blurb or extra card with the baby registration URL included.
5 Weeks in Advance
- Mail your invitations and prepare for RSVP calls or emails or both.
- Begin planning the menu for the party, whether catered or done by the host. Ask the host about any known food allergies.
- Make sure there are enough tables and chairs. Contact a rental company to reserve any extras you may need. Make sure the table for the cake is sturdy.
- Brainstorm decorations and flowers and take notes.
- Create a list for door prizes and party favors.
- Start thinking about the gift you want to give to the guest of honor!
3 Weeks in Advance
- Buy or make all decorations that don’t have expiration dates.
- Prepare a grocery shopping list for the items you’ll need for shower day.
- Purchase props, party favors and door prizes.
- Purchase your gift for the guest of honor.
- Wrap all other favors and gifts.
- Designate a chauffeur to pick up the guest of honor and bring her to the party.
- Confirm any party space or catering reservations.
1 Week in Advance
- Order flowers.
- Phone any who haven’t RSVP’d.
- Shop for remaining party items and freeze-ahead dish ingredients.
- Prepare your freeze-ahead dishes and store.
- Reconfirm with any guests who have been asked to bring any special items.
- Empty a coat closet to store coats if in the winter.
2 Days in Advance
- Prepare all foods that can be made in advance.
- Shop for perishables.
- Set the tables.
- Prepare decoration gifts like diaper cakes.
- Have a comfortable chair ready for the guest of honor.
Day of the Baby Shower