Pregnancy doesn’t always come with a lot of perks for some people. Morning sickness certainly isn’t one of them and that’s a very common side effect of creating another human being inside of you. But there are a few random pleasantries that you can expect to experience more often as your belly grows larger and the rest of you grows…more ungainly.
10 Awesome Things About Being Pregnant
Here are ten awesome elements of being pregnant!
- Strangers off to carry stuff for you. Yes. Even other women will offer to help you carry packages if you look like you’re struggling… or even if you’re not. There’s just some people who have it ingrained in their psyche that it’s some sort of mortal sin to allow pregnant women to carry anything other than their purses. Hey, if you think they are trustworthy, why not? You might meet someone interesting and perhaps they’ll be around when you really ARE struggling with carrying just the basics in those last few lingering days.
- You are expected to eat a lot. Just enjoy this! Most people will back off when you tell them that you are plenty full. But why not enjoy a few months where people shove extra desserts at you, or always offer you the last bit left at any meal, or that extra piece of cake.. YES… YES!
- If you’re not feeling up to it, you don’t have to. Yes, not feeling up to it IS a valid excuse when you’re pregnant (or any other time for that matter, in my opinion) because it’s almost expected of you. Especially in those latter months. And let’s be honest, there will be times, sometimes whole days, where the process of building a human being takes the chance for just about anything else occurring right out of you. You’ve got plenty of years of nonstop running and taking care of others wants and needs ahead of you. So when you don’t feel up to it? Just don’t. When you’re pregnant, everyone seems to understand with few words needed.
- Everyone wants you to sit down. While you certainly don’t need or want to sit down all the time, you will enjoy an increasing number of suggestions to do so as you grow. Strangers on the bus or train will give up their seats. If you find yourself in a seatless place, often one will suddenly appear behind you. Just take a deep breath and have a seat for a few. Again, you’re going to remember these times fondly once you have a baby to wrestle all day and night. Enjoy that deep chair sitting while you can!
- Random strangers will smile at you. You might have had this happen to you already and wondered what was going on. But it’s true. Random strangers will smile at you for seemingly no reason when you’re big and pregnant. Try not to be offended if you have a waddle in your step and someone snickers at you, either. Most of these gestures are affectionate and perhaps the smiling person is fondly remembering when their children were in gestation, or their partner had that waddle. Just enjoy being smiled at a lot!